Saturday, December 18, 2010

It's beginning to look like Christmas!

Merry Christmas to everyone!!!!

We have arrived in Sacramento, CA and the weather is nasty!  Rain and rain and rain!  But...I have to say that rain is a great improvement over the snow and ice we left behind in Kernersville.  Our driveway was a personal skating rink and as for the roads...we just stayed off of them until the ice melted in the afternoon.  Then of course they re-froze at night and it started over again.

With a 6:00 a.m. flight out of Greensboro yesterday morning Lee and I were worried about Amy driving us to the airport at 4:30 in the morning.  4-wheel drive does not help on ice!  We ended up getting a room at the Marriot by the airport and the shuttle took us the 1.2 miles to United's terminal.  That gave us peace of mind...we didn't want to miss our flight and we didn't want to end up in a ditch somewhere and I didn't want Amy ending up in that same ditch on the way back home!

Our flight wasn't bad at all.  We were really nervous about flying into Chicago because of all the storms in the Midwest.  When we arrived it wasn't even raining!  The flight to Sacramento was uneventful and I slept part of the way.

We are driving a mini van rental.  I love it!  Lee isn't quite as sure.  I can see out of it as well as I can from my Rav 4.  Maybe that should be my next car! :-)

We are staying at John and Sharen's house and that is going to be great.  It's really nice to be able to just kick back and visit and the kids are so grown up now.  We have lots of friends and family to see while we are in Sacramento and then it's on to Pebble Beach on Christmas day to see the rest of the family!  I'm really looking forward to that!!!!

Medical update...

I have a cold (my very first one) but it seems to be manageable so far.  My blood tests came back showing that my cyclosporine (anti rejection med) numbers are too low so once again I need to up the amount I take of that.  I'm up to 175 mg twice a day.  Blood tests also showed that my white blood cells are WAY too low...they were really concerned about that one because it means I basically have no immune system at the moment.  The fix for that?  More stomach shots!  At least it's only once a week for this one!  I need to find a lab here to have more blood work done on Wednesday.  I don't plan on getting sick while I'm here...I just want to have fun!!!

We wish each of you a wonderful and blessed Christmas season!  I'll write again after the holidays!

Love to all,

Lee, Wendy and Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment