Thursday, October 28, 2010

Third Hospitalization :-(

My bronchoscopy results are coming in and three out of four biopsy 'plugs' show rejection. The docs aren't waiting for any more results. They want me in the hospital to take this pretty strong medication.

The short name of the medication is Rat-G and it's known to make lots of people really sick to their stomachs...but not everyone! I'm planning on being one of the not sick people.

Other than that, I was feeling pretty OK. I've been walking a lot and that feels really good. I'm up to a bit over a mile in 20 minutes. I know I'll get better but that takes time!

Lee is feeling good. We actually went to the doctor for him this morning - nice change :-) He had a cardiology appointment and all is well. That's great news. The doctor we had is from CA and his name is Mark Winchester. That's from the rifle family! He is super nice!

We have found a little house to rent in Kernersville.  Because we need to stay at least a year post transplant, we had decided to make that year closer to Amy.  It wasn't easy finding a rental house but this one will be fine.  It has 3 bedrooms and 2 baths and a fenced yard for Missy.  It's about 10 - 15 minutes from Amy and Michael.  We're slowly moving stuff up there but this hospitalization will put a dent in that...unless Lee moves all my stuff out without my being aware of it :-)

Everyone take care and I hope that everyone who's cheering for the Giants gets their wish!

Love and hugs,

Lee, Wendy and Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment