Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Well...what a clinic appt!

To say the least, Lee and I are a little overwhelmed after our clinic appointment this afternoon. 

In a nutshell, the fluid they drew out from around my lungs contained a fungus.  Oh joy!  That means I need another CT scan (8:00 a.m. tomorrow) to see if there is more fluid that isn't being picked up on the x-ray.  Then I need to start daily IV treatments of Heaven only knows what medicine...it comes from oncology.  That's scheduled for 7:45 a.m. tomorrow so it will be a little tight getting to the appointments but they said to keep them both and make them both! :-)  After tomorrow they will continue the IV at home.  That means Lee and I will be doing it!  That's OK, we're pretty good at IVs by now :-)

If my bronch results come back with anything else (rejection, infection, or more fungus) - or the CT scan shows more fluid - then it's a one-way trip to the hospital to "fix" me.  Oh, did I mention that they now think my incision might be infected.  My gosh!  I've kept it clean and dry but they said it could be from the inside.

The doc also put me on another oral fungus medicine this afternoon.  He said the drug has an interaction with my Cyclosporine (my major anti-rejection medication).  Apparently the drug turns Cyclosporine into some kind of "super drug" so I need to cut back my dosage by more than half.  It makes me a little nervous to cut my anti-rejection meds but the doc was really adamant so I go with him!

I know this is short but I wanted to let you all know what was going on at this point in time.  As I get more info I pass it along.

Take care and love to all,

Lee, Wendy and Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment