Thursday, September 17, 2009

The journey's beginning

This journey started about one year ago when my doctors told me I had a choice between quitting work or breathing. Somehow breathing won out!

Since last October my respiratory capabilities have been steadily declining. That's obviously not the way it's supposed to work...go figure.

To summarize the last year:
  • I quit work;

  • participated in pulmonary rehab (education and exercise);

  • saw more doctors than I knew I'd ever need;

  • underwent about 50 different tests to make sure if I got a lung transplant I wasn't going to die from something else (waste of good lungs)

  • Review my choices for Transplant hospitals and decided on Duke as my 1st choice

  • Flew to North Carolina with Lee for an evaluation by Duke's transplant team

  • Told by Duke to relocate to NC as soon as possible to get into their rehab program and undergo a few more tests and then be listed.

whew!!!...Lee and I are both a little overwhelmed. We are packing up our entire house and moving half of it to Durham, NC and storing the other half in our back garage.


We are almost done packing and we are so fortunate to be able to hire Bekins Moving and Storage to load their truck and unload it when they get to our new home! Boy does that work for us!!!!

Bekins comes Saturday to pick up our stuff (if it's not packed then it's not going to NC!). We will leave Sunday morning for NC. I'll blog more about our travels.

Love,

Lee and Wendy

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a journey ahead of you. Is Lee going to keep your blog up after surgery for you. I hope you all the best and I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete